This recipe comes courtesy of a good friend of ours that lives here in town near us. Interactive baking. We LOVE it! Now this is what we call fun in the kitchen!!!
Vodka Christmas Cake Recipe
1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1 bottle Vodka, 2 cups dried fruit.
Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then repeat.
Turn on the electric mixer…Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Vodka. Now shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don’t forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window.
Finish the Vodka and wipe the counter with the cat.
HA! HA! HA! Ok! All kidding aside, here is a recipe for an amazing Lavender Lemon Pound Cake with a Lemon-Vodka icing. It’s literally incredible & seriously perfect for the holidays! *ONE shot of vodka for yourself is acceptable during the baking of this cake*
Lavender Lemon Vodka Pound Cake
2 Cups Cake Flour
¾ Cup Butter
1 ¾ Cups Sugar
3 Large Eggs
¾ Cup Buttermilk
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. vanilla extract
Zest of ½ a lemon
1 ½ teaspoons dried lavender, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 10” Bundt cake pan with non stick spray.
- Sift in a bowl together- flour, baking power & baking soda.
- In the electric mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light yellow and fluffly.
- Slowly add each egg making sure it’s well incorporated.
- Follow with the sugar. Beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add dry flour ingredients & finely chopped lavender into mixture ½ cup at a time into your butter, sugar, egg mixture. Be sure to scrape down the bottom and the sides a few times during this process.
- Beat for a few minutes until everything is a smooth cake batter.
- Pour into Bundt pan and give it a good tap on the counter.
- Bake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, set aside and allow to cool completely before you remove it from the mold.
Lemon Vodka Icing
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
In a small bowl combine all ingredients and whisk together all lumps are gone and icing forms. If mixture is still too thick, add a litte more vodka or a little warm water… you pick!
Drizzle over the cake and enjoy!